Friday, July 20, 2012

Wk 3: Reading Response to Justin Fishel's Post on the Art of Possibility Ch 5-8

Here's Justin's Response: 

Wk 3 reading – The Art of Possibility (chapters 5-8)




Within The Art of Possibility, chapters 5 through 8, I found several of these chapters to be quite interesting and substantial to my every day work and personal environments. Here are my takes on this weeks reading.

Within Chapter 5 (Leading From Any Chair) of The Art of Possibility, I found that this chapter was about the fact that leadership can in fact come from anybody who possesses greater self-sufficiency. Mr. Zander’s consistently praises that individuals are able to shine when they are given the opportunity. As an educator is can be sometimes difficult to let go and allow your students ‘to prove you wrong’ so to speak. This method is becoming quite popular within my classroom because of my personal experiences as a student, I enjoyed to be challenged and really enjoyed proving my educators that I could do it and exceed their expectations.

Chapter 6 (Rule Number 6) within The Art of Possibility spoke itself quite strongly towards me. Many times I am criticized for being to laid back, easy going and should take things more seriously. Mr. Zander discusses several different aspects that we as individuals can do to see the different possibilities that surround us in our daily lives.While reading chapter 7 (The Way Things Are), I noticed several aspects that encourage individuals to see things for what they are and move on with life. I am a firm believer for moving on and when less time is spent dwelling on the past, the chances for new possibilities becomes an illusion and not reality.

Reading chapter 8 (Giving Way to Passion) spoke to me in such a way that it expressed to me to be free and passionate about what I do within my everyday life. Individuals must allow themselves to be free and passionate and not so attached to the ways in which other people may view or judge them. If they can achieve this, then high levels of achievement will be reached.


Here's my response: 

Yes, I agree! Did you make that graphic? Because I'm going to print and hang it up in my office. As a visual person, I can comprehend/understand an idea or a concept much quicker and more thoroughly by seeing a visual metaphor.

The second part that I am wondering is if high levels of achievement can be reached, how do we measure them and how do we know that they are high levels? One way that I can see progress towards health, as I call it, would be to look back at the journals I have written over the years. It's not really a linear progress, but more of a matrices or a web of consciousness. I would like to see more follow-up on this idea in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment