Friday, July 27, 2012

Leadership Post IV


Career Goals: My career goals consist of joining creative community of Instructional Designers, Graphic and Multi-media Designers and academics and applying, and honing the skills developed at FullSail. I realize now that FullSail has opened more doors of possibilities. I didn't even know what an Instructional designer was when I began the program. Now I am on a track to become an instructional designer. It's funny that the more doors are opened, the more doors you begin to seek out. This is an active role in living instead of following the path laid out before you. I think of it as the game of Life. Instead of following the prescribed path, you create your own. Did anyone else feel constrained by the game of Life? 



Thinking back to beginning the program, my main thoughts were to enlist in a program of thinking more in-depth about the academic subject matter. In addition, I was instructed to attain my Master's degree within five years.  As I spoke with my colleagues at the college I teach at, I always felt like I was missing out on something. I didn't have the understanding that they had in their academic fields. I didn't understand the pedagogy of higher education. 


In addition, as I look at my Mac that I am typing this on, I see tremendous possibility. I know, now, the power of the software and what we can do with it. I'm anxious to continue to learn more. I have been watching Lynda tutorials. I have insatiable intellectual curiosity to learn as much as I can. I want to contribute to this body of knowledge. 


Personal Goals:
I have spoken in previous posts at length about how attaining a Master's Degree at FullSail has transformed my personal life. After be reunited with my son, I am going to carry the momentum that gave me the confidence to accomplish that into my personal life, into everything I do. I have developed this theory that is, more than likely, influenced by many of my readings. The theory is that we exist in frequencies of thought. Some stay static in this frequencies all of their lives. Some are at ground zero, others are free of the constraints of judgment by others.  They are frequencies of consciousness. As we move through stages of our lives, we, in turn, attract others in that same frequency. How did I know I was moving through these frequencies? I began "attracting" like magnets more healthy people into my world. These people, I know now, are mirrors of my self. 


Leonardo DaVinci is one of my motivating heros. Another one who followed in his footsteps, Steve Jobs, is also my hero. Steve Job's commencement speech that we watched at the beginning of the class was so appropriate. The day I had my students watch it in class, ironically, was the day that Steve passed. What an impact he had on the world. When he passed, it was like a ripple effect that sent shock waves through the planet. The rest of us will just ride those waves and contribute to the vast knowledge base of all of those who contributed to his dream. He has left us an extraordinary gift of opening doors to possibility. Here's some more commencement SPEECHES to define your sense of possibility:  







http://shop.holstee.com/products/holstee-manifesto-poster#.UBXs7DGe53k



1 comment:

  1. Let's all make a dent in the universe for the betterment of us all, like Steve Jobs aspired to.

    ReplyDelete