Sunday, July 22, 2012

Leadership Post III

My Leadership project describes the research completed during the last academic year I taught at Salish Kootenai College. As the primary instructor/director of the Media Design AAS degree program, I looked at effective recruitment and retention strategies of the students enrolled in the program. Throughout the year, we learned about emerging technologies in the Media Design field. Students employed Web 2.0 tools and presented culminations of their design work in on-line portfolio formats. The process included much student collaboration and self-directed technology learning. In addition, I systematically built learning modules based on the theory of the "flipped classroom" where students began taking ownership of their learning. Infused throughout the curriculum were culturally-based  as well as community-based components. These techniques enhanced learning, provided motivational factors and contributed to overall success in the program. 


I hope to share the research with other tribal college faculty in a presentation. I am frequently invited and attend many conferences nationwide to share knowledge. If this is not available, I will make efforts to publish in the Tribal College Journal. 

Leadership Post I
Leadership Post II


HERE'S MY LEADERSHIP DOCUMENT.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful project very well presented and organized. Good luck. We need to be able to reach all of our students respecting their cultural heritage into the future.

    ReplyDelete