Sunday, July 1, 2012

Leadership Post II

1. After some reflection this weekend regarding the research I have been conducting at Salish Kootenai College, I've decided that developing a professional presentation is going to be my best choice. I chose this for three reasons. The first would be that the college I teach at has started a new program where, each Friday, instructors have been presenting to the other faculty, some of the dynamics of research they have been conducting. I have not been asked to present yet, but would like to be prepared if asked. 


2. The second reason is that I believe the faculty could benefit from some of my research findings on retention strategies. I feel hopeful that I could contribute to proactively taking steps to improve our recruitment, retention and ultimately graduation amongst our college. The third reason is that, as a media designer, I am interested in the visual aspect combined with the written findings. I am excited to employ the strategies of both presenting visually and verbally. All of our coursework has been preparing us for this very thing. 
I believe I am ready to present.

1 comment: